Recap of Week 2
Here’s 3 things we accomplished in week 2:
– got in the habit of drinking more water
– prepared your body and mind to have more energy and speed up weight loss
– detoxified your body with 3-day cleanse
If you haven’t done the cleanse. It’s critical to finish it ASAP. Go out and get the ingredients today and start tomorrow. This is a big component of this program.
Week 3 Action Plan
Here’s what we are doing for Week 3 (posted below the video is description of week 3 action steps):
3 Action steps for Week 3:
Action step 1: Daily Comedy for at least 3-5 minutes everyday
Watch funny video, listen to audio or watch a movie that will make you laugh, everyday. The duration of audio or video should be at least 3-5 minutes.
You need to listen to or watch comedy daily because:
1. It increases endorphins (chemicals that make us feel good)
2. Lowers blood pressure
3. Lowers stress hormones
Because of the 3 reasons above you have less stress and you feel happier. Stress is one of the biggest reason people struggle with weight loss.
Some comedy ideas on YouTube channels/comedians are:
- Comedians such as Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Lavelle Crawford, Louis CK, Russell Brand, Amy Schumer, etc.
- Jon Stewart (The Daily Show)
- John Oliver (Last Week Tonight with John Oliver)
- Stephen Colbert (Colbert Report)
- or other funny TV shows or movie clips
Action Step 2: Eat Right
1. Have 10-12 glasses of water daily.
2. Have 3 main meals, cute the meal size to approximately half the size. Also add small snacks between breakfast & lunch and lunch & dinner. Have more smaller meals in the day will speed up your metabolism which will help you burn more fat.
Action Step 3: Exercise
This week consists of 2 types of exercise:
1. Daily exercise:
We are going to spend less time on exercise – 5 minutes on stretching type exercise and 10 minutes on rigorous exercise that gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat.
I will be posting exercise videos that you can use, but here’s a few simple exercises you can perform:
- jogging or 1-minute sprints with 30-second rest
- jumping jacks
2. Active weekend:
I want you to have an Active Weekend! Active weekend means that for two days you will do 45 minutes cardio each. This could be anything you wish that makes you move for 45 minutes. If you have a super busy weekend with work etc then do 30 mins each day.
We are not going to do any workbook entry this week. Instead, I want you to answer the following 3 questions end of the week (Sunday):
1. How many inches (total), and how many pounds of weight did you lose this week?
2. What other changes did you experience during this week?
3. If you missed any days of exercise and eating schedule, what was the reason, and how could you have prevented it?