Supplements, The Magic Bullet, is one of the most asked topic (as popular as How do I get protein from Vegetarian food). Every body wants to drink a shake, take a pill and BOOM grow muscle and/or lose fat. This is your lucky day because today I am going to talk about Supplements I am using for my 1-month bulking period to gain 10 lbs.
Note: I usually don’t recommend people to take lots of supplements, rather time it well and make the best use of them and use food as your main fuel. I will write on this topic soon.
Warning: Consult your doctor before you try anything I recommend, otherwise you could have a bad day!
Here’s a few key Supplements that I am using in my bulking program:
- Whey Protein: This goes without saying, we need protein to build new muscle. I get 120g Protein from powder daily.
- Protein Bars: Serves as one meal.
- BCAAs: I use Aminocore BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) to support muscle building and recovery. I use 4 scoops daily.
- Creatine: Creatine replenishes our exhausted energy system (ATP) to help us train longer and harder. Creatine causes bloating in most people – if it doesn’t bloat you, you are either lucky or not using enough. I use 20-30g daily.
- Glutamine: I use Glutamine powder for recovery in my post workout drink. I take 10g daily.
- Waxy Maize (Fast digesting Carbohydrate powder): I use Waxy Maize, or Maltodextrin, or mix of different kinds of powder. We need carbs to gain muscle and strength.
Vitamins are needed to support immune system, metabolism, bones and muscles.
- Multivitamins/Mutimineral: This pill has almost all vitamins and minerals we need.
- B Complex, B12: B vitamins help cells burn fats and glucose for energy.
- Niacin (B3): helps with detoxification, energy (ATP) production,Niacin Flush, and reduces bad cholesterol levels.
- Digestive Enzymes: assists in breaking down food for easier absorption.
- Chromium: helps maintain blood sugar levels, and regulates fat and cholesterol.
- Flaxseed Oil (Omega-3): Omega-3 supports testosterone production.
- Vitamin C: Anti-oxidant, and supports immune system.
- Resveratrol: Anti-oxidant.
- ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid): Anti-oxidant.
- CoEnzyme Q10: Anti-oxidant, strengthen your overall cardiovascular system.
- Caffeine and Ephedrine: for training boost.
I take 120g protein from my 2 shakes (2 scoops each) one in my first meal and one after workout. I use Creatine throughout the day and have 1 protein bar daily. BCAAs, Waxy Maize, and Glutamine as taken around the workout (before and after). Vitamins/Minerals are taken throughout the day.
Anti-oxidants are critical to protect us from cell damage caused by free radicals. In simple terms excessive free radicals eat away your muscles.
Niacin Rush: Be careful with Vitamin B3 because it causes Niacin Rush that causes itchy and warm feeling throughout the body which is very uncomfortable.
Please do not mess around with Caffeine and Ephedrine because abuse of these two could cause a heart attack and you could die from it, please consult a doctor before trying these.